A new blog post is long overdue. It’s been a busy month at work, getting the third issue of Expert Beauty out the door but in a few weeks it will hit the shelves in WHSmith and it will all be worth it! In between the late nights and early mornings, I managed to squeeze in a visit to a detox event at The Organic Pharmacy, sneak a peak at their new product launches (more of that later) and discover a new body scrub that’s really worth its price tag.
First up, is a French spa range that’s just launched in the UK – Cinq Mondes (cinqmondes.com). Award-winning in France, it’s one of those brands that’s less about the glamour and pamper and more about giving you results for your hard-earned beauty buck. The Gommage Aromatique aux Epices – which is Sea Salt and Spices Smoothing Body Scrub – is an unusual scrub-experience for a few reasons:
1. it’s a dark, murky brown colour
2. it smells a bit like a forest
3. it goes onto skin like squidgy putty
4. and then washes off in a milky-water way
I haven’t painted a very good picture but this scrub is really very good for a number of reasons:
1. it’s made mainly with sea salt and oils, plus a good pinch of spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla – ingredients that promote circulation, soft skin and the removal of skin-dulling dead cells
2. when you work it into skin you suddenly feel like you’re in a Turkish hammam – the aroma of spices and gritty-doughy texture that say smooth skin is about to be yours
3. a little goes a long way across each limb as it doesn’t disappear quickly like some scrubs do
4. the milky wash off feels lovely and smooth to wash off (but be warned the smell isn’t that hot)
5. there are no mineral oils, artificial colours, animal based ingredients or silicones
6. you get a cute leaflet explaining how to give yourself a ‘dynamic massage’ with pointers to pressure points across the body
I always so you can tell a good beauty brand by the quality of its scrub (face or body), which means I’m looking forward to trying other Cinq Mondes products. The Tropical Nuts Melting Balm looks particularly good – another one that seems like it means the business for smooth skin.