So what did the veggie-vegan eat for Christmas? The menu of the day was a mixture of tried and trusted classics (homemade hummus of course) and a few new creations I whipped up on Christmas morning. Being eternally late for everything, there was little pre-preparation but each dish was lovingly put together swiftly on the day…
My meat-free Christmas menu included:
– An Iraqi-style breakfast puff pastry with tahini paste and date syrup. Wow, wow, wow.
– Edamame, pea and mint dip
– Homemade hummus
The brilliantly green edamame and pea dip with delicately sweet flavours was definitely my favourite.
– Arabic tea (pictured above)
– Roasted butternut squash stuffed with rice, broadbeans, dill and christmasy spices.
– Potato, parsnip and onion rosti from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s parsnIp recIpes In this weekend’s Guardian.
– and lots and lots of roast veggies with marinated avocado on the side.
What a feast! Did you have a veggie-vegan Christmas? Any recipes to share from your day?
(Excuse any obscure formatting or typos today! I’m writing on a new tablet and haven’t quIte got the hang of it!)