A collection of health, food, fitness and ethical living inspiration
Hi, I’m Yanar and I launched this blog about ten years ago when sustainability and ethical living were still niche interests. Thankfully, today many more people are interested and the blog has evolved to include my other passions in life – fitness, wellness and food.
Here are 11 things to know about me:
- I’m a life-long vegetarian, since I was nine, and vegan for the last 13 years – living conscientiously has always been something I strive to do.
- Through my work as a writer and editor, I’ve tried to champion brands, products and people who tread more carefully on people and planet.
- I’m proud to be a Weleda Arnica Ambassador for 2020/21
- Fitness has been a part of my life, since I was in school.
- I’ve run six marathons (including one on Snowdonia) and for the last five years I’ve been training in CrossFit and Olympic lifting.
- Training in fitness has helped me build a stronger body and mind – you can follow more of this journey at @YanarFitness.
- My day job is heading up health and fitness product reviews at the Hearst Institute for Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Men’s Health Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan and other Hearst UK magazines – a dream job. Previously I was branded content editor at those magazines.
- I’ve been featured in The Telegraph, Metro.co.uk and Women’s Health talking about the importance of strength training for women and working out with a purpose.
- I’m a qualified Level 1 British Weightlifting assistant and Level 3 Personal Trainer.
- I’m studying for a diploma in Yoga Therapy at The Minded Institute to understand more about how the body and mind work together.
- If I’m not working or working out, you’ll find me cooking, eating or perusing secondhand stores, eBay or vintage shops in search for a vintage gem.
Thanks and enjoy.